Come enjoy these beautiful hidden cenotes and experience a unique visit around our community, Chemuyil, Quintana Roo, Mexico!
The Ancestral Waters
Not included in any current promotion
- Adults 15 to 50 years old
This is an experience not many people have the privilege to live!
Our second experience consists of a guided tour around the virgin jungle in our home, Chemuyil, Quintana Roo. Visiting three cenotes of the third-largest system of wet underground caves in the world, “K’oox Baal.” This is an experience not many people have the privilege of living. Give us the opportunity to share a life-changing experience with you.
Making our way through the Maya jungle, it will be 40 minutes of walking until we get to these natural beauties. We will get into the deepest of these places to explore, enjoy, and understand every single secret remaining inside of them. Share with us a mystical adventure in the heart of the jungle.
- Level of Adventure: High.
- This route is ideal to get in touch with nature at its fullest and to get your adventure level higher than ever.
- Age range between 12 to 50 years old.
- Not suitable for claustrophobics. (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Swimming is required.
- Wildlife tolerance.
- Medium/high physical condition: It is essential knowing most of the activity includes walking/swimming.
Not suitable for the following:
- People out of the established activity age range
- People under the influence of alcohol, drugs
- Pregnant women
- People with breathing complications, heart problems, allergies that may not allow you to do this activity
- People with any recent surgery, knee, or back problems
NOTE: For safety reasons, this activity is not recommended for the listed situations. Our visitors’ safety is very important and we encourage you to be completely honest.
- 3 cenotes
- Guided tour
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Diving flashlight
- Fruits and drinking water
- Homemade meal
- Reception at our meeting point in our community, Chemuyil (8:50 a.m.)
- We will offer some valuable information about our activities program, safety guidelines, Q&A, and equipment delivery.
- Tour starts off! We will drive you throughout our community all the way to the jungle until reaching the adventure starting point (25 minutes distance, approx).
- We are now in the virgin jungle. Let the sounds and views give you a welcoming. Time to gear up! (15 minutes, approx.).
- Get ready! We start our walk through the jungle looking for our first stop. Explore and enjoy nature sounds, flora, and fauna around you (20 minutes, approx).
- First cenote on sight! Let’s explore this cave and get into its ancestral waters. Find breathtaking secrets around (45 minutes, approx.).
- Adventurer! We hope you are ready again! Now we will do something people can’t do normally. We will cross through an underwater secret to our next cenote. Don’t worry, it is a tiny distance and we only crawl military style! (5 minutes, approx).
- You have made it!!! Our second cenote right in front of you. Be amazed by its tremendous size and beauty (45 minutes, approx).
- Time to head back outside. Back in the jungle to cool off a bit around nature’s warmth (20-minute walk, approx).
- Last and final stop. Our third cenote is here and its inner peace and majesty will connect with you. All you have to do is listen carefully (1 hour of activity, approx.). – It is a relaxing time. We’ll take a break while eating fruits and chatting.
- We are going back to our meeting place in our facilities (25 min, approx). – You may now use our facilities to change and get comfortable. Get ready to have an authentic typical meal from the region especially cooked for you. Enjoy!
- Let’s sit together and watch our incredible photos of our adventure. Take with you an unforgettable experience souvenir and memory (Optional – Additional cost- Time of waiting to see your photo package takes around 15 minutes, approx).
- Sun protective clothing (optional)
- Comfortable clothing
- Water shoes (optional – We sell them here in case you need them)
- Comfortable shoes/sneakers
- Cash (if interested in purchasing the photo package, having lunch in town, buying a souvenir – There are no ATMs in town)
- Cap/hat & sunglasses
- REPELLENTS, SUN BLOCKERS OF ANY KIND
- BODY OR HAIR LOTION/CREAM
- HAIR GEL, MAKEUP, LIPSTICK
- ANY TYPE OF CHEMICAL THAT MAY HURT THIS DELICATE ECOSYSTEM
We are looking forward to decreasing the impact on these beautiful places. Therefore, we always ask for your support and help to avoid bringing the mentioned list. Please be part of a good cause and help us protect and preserve our nature, THANK YOU!
Cenotes visited on this route are completely different from the ones on “The Path of Water.”
During our tour, regular and underwater photos will be taken. They have an additional cost and it varies according to the number of people. The photo package includes every picture taken during the tour. At the end of the tour, you will look at them in our store and decide whether you purchase them or not. It is completely optional and they are transferred through WeTransfer or shared directly to your smartphones/flash drives/sd memory card. (Feel free to look at our photo gallery to have an idea of the quality of photos our team takes). It is allowed to bring and use your own personal phones/cameras. Every visitor must come on their own to our meeting point. (We share exact details on how to get here by car, public or private transportation). If you are thinking of getting private transportation, you can reach out to us. We have some services available and can arrange the service for you (highly recommended for groups). For any further questions, contact us through our phone number or any of our social media.